Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Chicago Fire" On NBC

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#6, 14504-108 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

January XXXth, MMXIV

Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

Earlier this morning my feline son James Redwing Cat Koopmans & I were visiting an elementary school in Edmonton's south side to teach the students about responsible pet ownership. James of course got lots of pets, attention, praise, & free fish. When we were there, a fire drill occurred & this was quite interesting as I had to scoop up the little fellow & place him in his cat carrier. Since I was in the school, I was subject to being a participant in the drill & I didn't mind the refresher course.

I. Listen carefully to directions.

II. Quietly line up.

III. Walk carefully around the building to your assigned place.

IV. Make sure that teachers/supervisors & students are all aware of where emergency exits & fire extinguishers are.

V. Make sure II have emergency service phone numbers on standby in an easy to access area.

VI. Wait with your teacher &/or supervisor until it is safe to return to your classroom or deemed necessary to take students to an alternate location away from the school building IV their own safety.

Excellence In Safety,

Rory

Source: Fire Prevention Canada.

No comments: