Sunday, October 9, 2011

McDonald's Would Be Rather Upset With These Two Teen Girls


Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#203, 8912-156 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2


October IXth, MMXI


Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud


Dear David:


I was sitting in the Meadowlark McDonald's yesterday having my lunch as I was getting ready for my 1-9:30PM job. Two teenage girls with cellphones approached me & my neighbor as we were eating together. They said we seemed rather friendly & asked us to give them a ride to West Edmonton Mall. My neighbor & I were horrified, complete strangers asking II men they do not know IV a ride, totally improper. First of all, we are adult males (with my neighbor being senior) & they are underage girls. I bloody well told the girls how inappropriate their request was & how they needed to use their cellphones to call their family &/or friends IV a ride.


The girls responded by saying no one wanted to drive them. I then asked them if they are taught about safety issues & staying away from strangers. My neighbor then advised the girls to catch an Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) bus along 87 Avenue going west or call a local cab company. We gave them the numbers for Barrel & Checker Cabs. There needs to be a lesson review given to these girls & other teens about how wrong it is to trust someone you do not even know.


Graciously,


Rory


Source: Myself.





No comments: