Sunday, May 13, 2012

On This The First Mother's Day Without My Super Mom, June C. Koopmans, B. Ed.

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #203, 8912-156 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

May XIIIth, MMXII

Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA-Elect, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

Happy Mother's Day to good wife & the mother of your fine kids, as well as II all mother's out there. Premier Redford lost her mom at 71 last year & I at January XVIIIth lost my mom June at 68, both way II young. Here's a lesson plan entry from a day at Afton Elementary School from 1971-72, my mom was a teacher there.

Wednesday, September 1st, 1971:

AM: exercises.

look around room & discuss coming year's (Grade II) projects.
- use front door; fire drill
-bathrooms
-little library
-do beginners' booklet P. 1,2,3
-check booklet P. 1,2,3
-------
-games I spy, Touch; songs "Robin in Rain"; P4
-read story "Five Chinese Brothers"
-make pictures
-------
PM: -P5 of booklet
-make faces of man from mars
-------
-note re home time
-sheet in arithmetic
-plasticine



                                                              JCK

I Hope You Enjoyed This Jeff I Know Mom Would Have,

Rory

Source: "Lesson Plans." Mrs. June C. Koopmans, B. Ed. Afton Elementary School. C. 1971.





No comments: