Friday, January 21, 2011

XLIV (44) Capital Boulevard With Extreme Appreciation

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #203, 8912-156 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

January XXIst, MMXI

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

It is with extreme gratitude that I wish II say thanks II the Management & Staff at XLIV (44) Capital Boulevard. The last II Fridays I have written the French Language Arts 30-1 as an Exam Challenge. The Exam Administrator was thorough in his explanations & gave me great clarifications about the subtext of both the written & multiple-choice questions.

He had been made aware of my auditory disability in learning languages previously & confirmed II me through channels that there was no reason why I had to write Partie "A" in Francais. So, as there was no requirement to write in that language, I Exam Challenged the course & wrote Partie "A" completely in English. Being sure to use my very basic Francais skills II understand & analyze the questions beIV answering. I was able to properly analyze & discuss French culture, both from France, & from a Franco-Canadian perspective. Having Franco-Albertan relatives (le Cannard famillie) who farm near Vimy & Westlock, I can truly appreciate just how great the French people are.

I talked about French culture, such as the great French Resistance Fighters of WWII & bilingualism rights here in Canada. Whats really amazing is the Exam Administrator did not make fun of me IV my disability & neither did any of the Alberta Education Teaching or Transcripts & Records Staff. They are great because they appreciate my appreciation of learning & what a spectacular job that they are doing!

Vive Le Education D'Alberta & Merci,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: