Saturday, August 4, 2018

Neighbourhood Ken Block Party

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

August IVth, MMXVIII

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

As readers of Executive Dissertations know, I & my neighbours with families (including students) escaped with their very lives when someone who was carelessly smoking caused a partial burn down of our building in March 2017. Seven of my eleven neighbours left permanently & three suites were a complete write off & were rebuilt. So on paper I was homeless for three nights along with my Feline Son, a Mr. James Redwing Cat Koopmans.

Luckily for us, ol' J.R. & I could move back after three days & I actually had zero damages. But I had to live in a smoke smelling building for months & had to wear a gas mask & goggles each time I went in & out of the building to protect my already weak immune system. Having been put in that situation first hand, I fully agree with Edmonton Fire Rescue Services (EFRS) Chief Ken Block & his frustration at errant cigarettes destroying places like the apartments in Blue Quill & no one being held criminally responsible.

Right now my deadbeat neighbours in Suite #5 drink, smoke, do drugs, & trade up in their stolen bicycle parts every night on the grass & in their apartment, banging doors, just total scumbag losers & shove/threaten people around who have tenancy in the building (many of the residents in #5 don't have keys, they just get let in every day or night to crash there.) Thus causing the noisy Edmonton Police Sevice (EPS) helicopter to fly over & destroy my sleep nightly. Its frustrating because the building is 100% no smoking & they just don't care & are putting the lives of other tenants in the building in direct jeopardy. I don't want to lose my abode & nor does my cat because of their idiocy.

Ken Block Is A Solid Performer & The Courts Should Charge These Smokers With A Crime As They Displace Everyone Else & That Quite Frankly is Criminal,

Rory

Source: Edmonton Fire Rescue Services, The Office Of The Chief.

No comments: