Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Inflationary Grade Pressures From Schools Not Inflationary Measures From The Governor Of The Bank Of/De Canada

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #203, 8912-156 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

June XIIth, MMXII

Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

So I hear there are pressures on teachers & staffs to up grades from say XX to XXV% or more, even when students don't deserve that consideration, evfen at points when they haven't hadn't in an assignment/test. Well as General George S. Patton, Jr. used to say: "thats a load of horsedung." If a student(s) do not do the assignment/test, & especially if they have been given extensions w/o penalty, they should be given a grade of 0%, thats ZERO%.

You don't see me saying well I got "only a 72% final grade in Art XXXI (31.) I actually deserve a 85% grade!" No, I didn't earn 85%, I earned 72% b/c I inadvertantly missed part of one assignment that would have put me over 80%. I decided not II do it b/c I was still going to get the V credits for the course. Other students shouldn't follow my example & expect II be rewarded. If I got a 0% in Math 30-1 on assignment, I'd live with it & try on completing the other assignments II the best of my ability b/c thats all I can do.

Zero Equals Thats: Zero; Not Free Grades IV Doing Jack Squat,

Rory

Source: The Edmonton Journal, Andrea Sands.

No comments: