Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Eyes Have It

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

December XXVIIIth, MMXIII

Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

I would like II see much larger print paper copies of final exams for high school students who have visual impairments. Yes I was at a gymnasium once wherein a student was given their Alberta High School Social Studies XXX exam in brail. I thought this was superb. But I would like to see teachers & staffers be able to give paper copies of these exams in a much larger font to there students who have eye difficulties. Talking to a visually impaired student at Jasper Place High School mechanics shop in November (where I was having my vehicle looked at by students), the young lady expressed a frustration to me that she was not allowed to have her exam blown up to a bigger font so that she could read the questions better on the school copier. She is allowed to use a magnifying glass, but a bigger font size of exam would make her life & those of other students with these difficult occular problems so much better!

Aye Sir Or Eye Sir Or I Sir,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: