Friday, January 16, 2015

The Parliamentarians-Brent Rathgeber, MP

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

January XVIth, MMXV

Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Calgary-Elbow

Dear Gordon:

Even though I am a Conservative supporter, I truly respect Brent Rathgeber, MP for his decision to quit the Tory caucus & switch to Independent in status. I attended Brent's press conference back in St. Albert where he explained his reason for switching over to reporters & visiting students at his constituency office why he thought the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) had too much power & that there is truly a lack of respect for average MPs & their rights to bring forward their own ideas & legislation. As much as I like the PM, Brent was absolutely right to take the action he did.

An Editor's Note: For full disclosure I have worked both in paid & in volunteer capacity positions on several Brent Rathgeber campaigns. For the record, I am not being paid to offer up any of my opinions here.

"MPs, for the most part, have abandoned their role, which is to represent their constituents and to hold government to account."

Number CCXXXIX (239),

Rory

Source: Brent Rathgeber, MP, Independent, Edmonton-St. Albert.

No comments: