Saturday, August 19, 2017

Positively Golden!

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Trinity United Church Courtesy Wifi, Edmonton, Alberta

August XIXth, MMXVII

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

On this day L (50) years ago, my parents Joe Koopmans & June Koopmans (nee Adams) got married, & it was a Saturday in the calendar rotation as well & so I write in solid gold text (of course):

Saturday, August XIXth, MCMLXVII (19th, 1967)-Saturday, August XIXth, MMXVII (19th, 2017)

I just cannot tell you how surreal it is to be sitting here in the lobby of the church where their married & their life journey was started. It's frankly positively "golden" (not to mention strange as I was just here a few days ago for the funeral of a family friend.)

I cannot help but wonder what would have happened if they hadn't gotten divorced, or at least remained very good friends after their divorce because of us III (3) children. I also cannot help but feel a tinge of sadness and regret that mom died on January XVIIIth, MMXVII (18th, 2012) so young at just LXVIII (68) & didn't get to live to see this historic moment!

I placed a golden carnation & rose on mom's grave earlier today, this seemed rather fitting. I also broke out one of her Old Country Roses tea cup's & saucer's (with a silver spoon of course as we must be precisement according to mother's tea standards musn't we?) & my thermos to celebrate with a few cups of Red Rose tea for her (with marmalade & butter & scones of course.) I'm sure she found that a rather "solid gold" gesture!

Golden Memories & No I Am Not "The Golden Child",

Rory

Source: Myself.



2 comments:

Colin F. Smith said...

"To improve the golden moment of opportunity, and catch the good that is within our reach, is the great art of life."

-- William Samuel Johnson

rory said...

great quote