Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grapes Of Wrath Donald S Cherry Coast To Coast The Grapeline Grapefruit Grapefruit Juice

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#203, 8912-156 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

January XIXth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

I had an unexpected trip to the Northeast Medical Faciility on 50th Street & 144th Avenue Monday morning. As it was the quickest serving facility I went there. They assessed me within minutes & I explained to them at about 1:44AM that I had been drinking grapefruit juice. They then told me that grapefruit juice can affect folks who have been on a prescription and make them slightly incapacitated and less able to focus, make decisions. So they told me to stop drinking it and I feel much better the last two days. I had been taking anti-histamines IV a cold and had a strong reaction.

We need David to get into schools & tell kids, especially those on anti infection and anti depression medications to get off this accursed beverage as soon as possible. We also need to ban it from all school cafeterias. Yes grapefruits can have some redeeming qualities and give you an energy boost, but the acid in them can cause a pH. balance problem in people who digest them who have sensitive neurological troubles. Thus causing medicines prescribed to stop working. Let me point out that I was never off my cold medicine at any juncture, so clearly it was the juice. I encourage students to drink water, milk, or other juices such as orange & apple instead.

Let us educate the children to stay away from grapefruits and grapefruit juice as much as possible. I do not advocate taking it off the shelves for the adult consumer to purchase, but its just like I said with Aspartame, this stuff is a scourge David. Let us keep children safe and keep it out of reach. Besides, its unethical to let them buy a product that will help contribute to them being less able to focus and get lower grades.

Regards,

Rory

Source: The Northeast Medical Centre, Government Of Alberta.

No comments: