Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Free And Clear And Present Danger

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Jasper Place Branch Library Terminal #IV, Edmonton, Alberta

March XXXth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

Why not let Catholic students take courses in their nearby public school & vice versa. Having extra part time students I am sure will increase capacity. It hardly matters whether their credits are catholic or public. My 1st 91 credits were from Edmonton Christian High, a private school but technically listed as public. My last 22 credits were from St. Albert Catholic, which in that division is a reverse hybrid as you know. This means that its the public system. So all 200 of my high school credits are public.

But what difference can it really make David? Public/private, quite frankly its all the same II me. If charter schools & private schools will accept part time catholic & public students and vice versa, then I would argue that all IV divisions will benefit. I also believe that parents whose children are in a certain school should be able to take correspondence high school courses from that same school. Making online learning available unrestricted 24/7 at schools provincewide has got to only be a positive thing IV education.

Sincerely,

Rory

Source: Metro Newspaper.

No comments: