Sunday, May 23, 2010

For Community's First

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Ward A, Edmonton Public School Trustee Candidate, 15902-100A Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5P 0L8

May XXIIIrd, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

School service should not just be for school chosen charity's. In my recent service IV Religious XV-XXXV from St. Gabriel Storefront School of Cybernetics in St. Albert, I was allowed to coordinate my III Christian Service Projects. So I drove cancer patients around and started up prayer groups of multiple faiths for students to pray IV peace in homes IIgether.

I also drove around a couple and spend 25 hours doing paperwork IV them, for which I was successful in getting them a rent subsidy. My other assignment was to drive my mother around II diabetic appointments. Which became neccessary when her car was in the mechanic shop & IV promised rides through Alberta Health Services never showed up. which was annoying as she had free coverage for the rides through Blue Cross.

Helping folks is fun, it feels good. Encourage students II do community projects through their own faith, in tandem with others, or just volunteer on their own. My cat James Redwing and I like going into hospices and seniors residences IV pet therapy. Stroking & loving up the little fellow makes folks feel good. Especially sick kids. They feed him treats and his purring calms them down.

A Purrfect Gentleman,

Rory

Source: June C. Koopmans, B. Ed.

No comments: