Friday, October 15, 2010

Embrace Not Disgrace

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Ward A, Edmonton Public School Trustee Candidate, Calder (Kensington) Public Library Terminal #XII, Edmonton, Alberta


October XVth, MMX


Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud


Dear David:


I strongly encourage students II follow the example of the Calder (Kensington) Branch EPL staff here. There was a rather stressed young fellow here about 35 minutes ago who said he was II embarrassed to ask a question of the library staff personally as he has a stutter from his medicines & a car accident.


I took the time II explain to him about my autism spectrum disorder troubles & that I wasn't letting them get me down as I was running hard in my fight IV a Ward A Public School Trustee seat. So I told the young lad, write his questions & contact information including his email on paper so tnhat the staff could give a reasonable response in a timely matter & fashion.


He thought that idea was so cool, so we got a staffer to bring us some blank paper & then he could feel happy that his study needs were being met. I told him: "Buddy, learn to embrace, love, & then conquer your disability. Do not become a victim of it!"


I Sure Haven't,


Rory


Source: Www.Epl.Ca & the "Campaign II Elect Rory Johannes Koopmans Ward A Edmonton Public School Trustee On October XVIIIth (18th),

No comments: