Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Understanding IV All



Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#203, 8912-156 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

May IVth, MMXI

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud
 

Dear David:


As a person & current part time student with a medical disorder, I can truly understand compassion IV those who are sick. Here at the Lois Hole EPL is a lady named Delilah who is bi-polar & falls frequently. She was afraid II take her safety dog over II the help desk IV when she rang the bell b/c she thought kids in the library might make fun of her. I told her that she shouldn't be afraid II go ring the bell & get help. I also calmed her down so she wouldn't go manic as her human part time caregiver wasn't with her & the dog. I showed her the picture of my feline son, James Redwing from this blogsite & said that since I am a single daddy of a cat & she is a single mommy to her dog, that I would look after him. She is taking some sociology courses online b/c she is afraid II go inII classrooms & be around II many people at once. This idea was really appreciated by her & I had the dog lie down beside me at my current computer terminal so she knew it was safe & was never out of her site. This gave Delilah the confidence to go ring the bell at the help desk & ask IV assistance from a library staff member. Plus I got to give both her & her pooch hugs & kisses afterwards. Talk about an awesome reward!


No Barriers IV Any Student,


Rory


Source: Www.Epl.Ca.




 

No comments: