Sunday, January 4, 2015

Dimanche Avec Premier Ministres-Charles Joseph Clark



Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Beverly Crest Hotel Courtesy Computer, Edmonton, Alberta

January IVth, MMXV

Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Calgary-Elbow

Dear Gordon:

One of my greatest regrets in life was running for public office under the Progressive Conservative banner under then leader, Former Prime Minister Joe Clark. I ran b/c the Tory Party was the party of Sir John A. Macdonald, my favourite PM, but in MM (2000) it just didn't feel I should be running federally. While I got MMMIX (3,009) votes & IIIrd place, I certainly didn't belong as a candidate. While I don't think that I belong in an elected position federally, Prime Minister Clark talked to young Canadians about the value in working IIgether as a team to make this great Dominion stronger & maybe run for office themselves.

"I do more than reflect & respect this country, I fight for it...the question for Canadians is "Can we win?" Yes we can win except when we are fighting ourselves!"

"The Man From High River",

Rory

Source: XVIth Prime Minister Of The Dominion Of Canada The Right Honourable Charles Joseph Clark, BA, MA, CC, LLD, AOE, PC, Progressive Conservative & PC/DRC Coalition & Independent. 



No comments: