Sunday, April 9, 2017

An "Actual Combat" Baby

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Main Floor Edmonton City Hall Courtesy Wifi. Edmonton, Alberta

April IXth, MMXVII

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

Who better than I can understand the sacrifices of Canadians made during WWI & Vimy Ridge? Especially as my birthday is November XIth, MCMLXXIV (11th, 1974), the day in MCMXVIII (1918) that signifies the official end of this historical & horrid conflict, which makes my birth at Royal Alexandra Hospital that of an "actual combat" baby.

Every year I attend Remembrance Day Ceremonies (I get a pass the day I was born as I was in an incubator) to remember the sacrifices that great young men & women made in WWI, WWII, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan & many other conflicts. When I see the stupidity of war, I hope & pray that humans are not going to be so idiotic as to start up WWIII. History students must know that we need peace in the world, not killing. Although in the case of Vimy, I can see why on occasion war is a necessary evil.

Never Forget: I Know I Won't,

Rory

Source: Www.Vimy100Yeg.Ca 

No comments: