Saturday, April 10, 2010

Run For(r)est Run

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#203, 8912-156 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

April Xth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

I do remember a field trip I took with my class to the Devonian Gardens as well as on my 11th birthday when I went with my friends to the E.L. Smith Water Treatment Plant. As part of the High School Forestry & Agriculture component courses, real field trips and virtual field trips online should be made to different forest types in Alberta. Ie: The Boreal Forest, etc.

This will encourage not only forest conservation, but organic growing of fruits and vegetables. As well as a keen interest in forest renewal & safe growing & eating practices with less preservatives by the students. Lets build up our forests & farmfields from the ground up, sparking an interest in kids in becoming the farmers, ranch hands and park rangers, conservation ecologists of the future.

Regards,

Rory

Source: Forestry 1010 Course Syllabus.

No comments: