Saturday, October 19, 2013

Child Care IV School Bus Drivers

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

October XIXth, MMXIII

Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

Yesterday at the Westmount McDonald's I met a single mother & her precocious & cute IV (4) year old little girl. The girl walked up to me to show me her Hello Kitty hat & say "hey mister." It was really sweet as I was out having coffee with my neighbour there & frankly was a rather pleasant distraction. With her mom's permission, I showed her a cellphone picture of my cat, James Redwing Cat Koopmans, & told the laughing little girl that he goes "meow & purr" all the time & is really fun to pet & play with.

She & her mother laughed & mentioned that she was a single mother & school bus driver & had a hard time finding proper child care IV her daughter & that she was taking her on the bus with her VIII (8) hours a day. I said that's too bad, but then she mentioned her sister was moving up from Red Deer with her & has no kids & so was delighted to act as a full-time babysitter. I told her I was glad that she had found a solution, but, I could see in her eyes the regret she had in the fact she was going to lose her little pal even though she knew a school bus isn't a proper place for a full day for a IV (4) year old child.

A Mom That's Conflicted,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: