Monday, October 14, 2013

Giving Thanks IV Democracy

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#23, 9731-174 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5T 6G4

October XIVth, MMXIII

Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

On this Thanksgiving Day Monday I as a lifelong student of democracy am thankful b/c:

I. In Canada, we have free & fair elections & I get to vote one week from today for my choice for our next civic government.

II. The sacrifices that Canadian troops have made to let us keep enjoying our democratic freedoms, including giving up their lives so that we all (including students) might live fulfilling ones that can make a difference.

III. The fact that I can attend public forums & wear insignia like buttons & t-shirts to indicate my choice(s) of candidates.

IV. The fact that other citizens have the right to disagree with me respectfully about who(m) would fulfill the duties of the office(s) being elected best.

V. The fact that candidates can listen to eachother & try & persuade you to consider them instead of your intial choice.

Yes I Am Thankful,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: