Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Eighteen Is Just Too Young!

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

January VIIth, MMXV

Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Calgary-Elbow

Dear Gordon:

I am at my wits end at how to express my sorrow for blogger Kathleen Smith & her family. Better known as @KikkiPlanet on Twitter, Kathleen & her family are feeling the pain of losing her son to suicide on December XXXth, MMXIV. As some1 who accesses mental health services myself & has to take some meds to keep my brain safe, calm & relaxed (due to my Aspergers Syndrome), I cannot help but feel ever sorry for Kathleen & her husband, as well as their ex-spouses. I mean this fine young lad had a good life, job, girlfriend, he was happy from what I have read & was just barely inII his life journey. A parent should never outlive a child. There definitely needs to be better supports out there for mental health & people shouldn't be ashamed to talk about suicide & how to prevent other folks from heading down the same path.

Rest In Peace Mackenzie,

Rory

Source: Myself & @KikkiPlanet & @CharlesAdler

No comments: