Friday, April 12, 2019

Nelson Oleson McClung



Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Callingwood McDonald's Courtesy Wifi, Edmonton, Alberta

April XIIth, MMXIX

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., Minister of Education, New Democratic Candidate, Edmonton-North West

Dear Dave:

I may not like Stephen Mandel & the Alberta Party, but I cannot lie & say that he didn't win the Edmonton-McClung All Candidates Forum at Good Shepherd Catholic Church last night. He was actually quite excellent & albeit begrudgingly I will say that he won it on points, he was particularly articulate on health care. The organizer had never done a forum before & she & her beautiful church did a rather superb job. I would also like to point out that I went to get brochures & listen in for an Edmonton-McClung resident who is wheelchair bound & had diabetes issues &therefore unable to attend & was a friend of my late mother June. Since I don't live in the riding I couldn't bias her opinion, I could just sum up the talking points with the liner notes I gave her. I am not endorsing Candidate Mandel but I am also not endorsing any one of his opponents.

The Alberta NDP Candidate Lorne Dach was also very strong in defending NDP core issues & pointing out spending issues & priorities. As was Alberta Advantage Party Leader Marilyn Burns who substituted (& did sublimely) for her Edmonton-McClung Candidate Gordon Perrott who was actually in the audience. This gave his leader a chance to "head-to-head" against another party leader, a chance she was denied by not being allowed to be a part of the television leaders debate due to the poor decision-making process of the lazy Broadcast Media Consortium. So here the AAP had two representatives running for office there which is more than the United Conservative Party & Hon. Jason Kenney, PC could muster. Very embarrassing that in a chat against Mandel that the UCP didn't send in an alternate riding candidate to substitute for Laurie Mozeson, a glaring technical campaign oversight. Its like they didn't want to bother.

I also met a great senior couple who suggested limited Advance Polls in Via Train, Red Arrow Bus, & underground LRT stations in the II main cities. This is quite a brilliant tactic as it would expand Elections Alberta concept of "vote anywhere" to "land, sea, & air." It is fascinating the insight that persons in their eighties come up with!

Laura Ingalls Wilder,

Rory

Source: Michael Landon Productions Incorporated (TM) & Good Shepherd Catholic Church & The Nellie McClung Foundation.

P.S.: Steve Mandel apologized to me personally for his campaign staff calling me into his office for a IVth datas entry shift on a Sunday morning during his leadership campaign run & then calling Edmonton Police in on me despite having left me three voicemails to come in (the police have the Mandel voicemails to me in evidence so the Mandel Campaign IV Leader & now Edmonton-McClung seat cannot say that I am lying about being called in.) I was doing data entry for his campaign as a volunteer & was invited to help. And I was also invited to his campaign launch at the Boyle Street Community League by an email of his operative Ms. Serena Mah of Keill & Co. (I grant that it was a mass email sent to his accumulated data entry email list.) I truly appreciate his apology & I apologized back for any distress I may have caused him or his family & I do so here now again in this blog. I also point out that I wouldn't have done what I did in terms of meanness if Mandel Campaign IV Leader Ops staff hadn't started this & did what they did to me. Especially as I did 25 volunteer hours over 3 shifts with no incident. This is not a nice way to treat a valued volunteer. As I was doing data entry I wasn't talking to any campaign staff of Mr. Mandel's, I just went in the back office so I wasn't being a pain to anyone with my Aspergers's Syndrome or "high-functioning" autism & talking to anyone. I also point out that I worked his school board, council, mayor, & MLA runs with no incidents or problems in the past whatsoever. So it just boggles my mind to be treated how I am!



1 comment:

Publack said...

Well put. Very attentive. Thank you.