Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Femininity

R. Joey Koopmans, B. Admin., Ward XII YEG City Councilor Byelection Candidate, Edmonton, Alberta

February IVth, MMXVI

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

I am so glad that I don't live in Saudi Arabia where women can now run for office but cannot drive their own vehicles to the polling stations to vote for themselves, nor go out unless they have a male relative or friend with them, what an absolutely ludicrous philosophy & way of thinking! Men & women are = in every way & that is why with the forum on womens issues in Ward XII tomorrow night, I am glad to be an empowered male & say I support the YEG Women's Initiative!

     - I have as a security guard always worked strongly for womens & mens safety in situations such as bars where alcohol is served!

     - I always thought that it was sad that The Rt. Hon. A. Kim Campbell, B. A., LL. B., C.C., O. B. C., Q. C., P. C. never got a chance at serving in a long term format to show us what a lady Prime Minister could do!

     - The Edmonton Institution For Women provides great care to help female inmates get rehabilitated & trained so they can take up their family lives & we are lucky to house it in Edmonton!

     - The Sexual Assault Crisis Centre Of Edmonton & assorted shelters for victims of domestic violence are superb in keeping, women, children, & yes even men who are victims of it safe. It is sad that we need such facilities, but I thank goodness for them each & every day!

     - I humbly ask for your support as a male candidate who strongly believes in the Women's Equality Initiative on February XXIInd!

     - If you feel that I am your candidate of choice then great & I truly appreciate that! I would remark however that Ward XII residents would be very lucky to have any of my distinguished, honourable, talented, & lovely female opponents as their next City Councilor!

Its Not Your Gender That Should Count Its Whether You Can Do The Job,


R. Joey

Source: "The Campaign II Elect R. Joey Koopmans Ward XII YEG City Councilor."

No comments: