Monday, February 8, 2016

"We Are "Advance" Polling & We're Not Giving Into Anything!"

R. Joey Koopmans, B. Admin., Ward XII YEG City Councilor Byelection Candidate, Meadows Public Library Terminal #XI, Edmonton, Alberta

February VIIIth, MMXVI

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

Redeployed by my volunteer scrutineers from a seniors residence by Ellerslie to the Meadows Community Centre attached to this EPL Branch to join them in watching some of the advanced voting process, I must say I am mightily impressed!

A. The Elections Edmonton team had the first day of Advance Polls set up very nicely & efficiently. Their typical usually great job. There were no voter access issues or any problems whatsoever!

B. I enjoyed seeing my most honourable opponent, Candidate Moe Banga come into vote with his family as I was leaving. He seemed particularly pleased to be bringing in his granddaughter to show her the voting station. I mean what a little cutie & her Grandma says she's a princess. I'm glad she was along to keep Grandpa Moe out of trouble (& we all know just how bad grandpas really are.)

C. Very happy indeed to see the talented & gorgeous Mrs. Susan Amerongen of the CTV Edmonton news team doing interviews outside the polling station with people around her. You know, despite all of the media cutbacks, CTV & other media outlets are doing their very best to cover this byelection & I for one truly appreciate it!

Voting In Advance Polls Will Greatly Relieve Voting Day Pressures,

R. Joey

Source: "The Campaign II Elect R. Joey Koopmans Ward XII YEG City Councilor."



No comments: