Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The MLA-Elects

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#6, 14504-108 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

October XXVIIIth, MMXIV

Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed., MLA-Elect
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Calgary-Elbow

Dear Gordon:

While I respectfully disagree with the decision of "the people" to not elect at least one opposition MLA-Elect, I truly congratulate you in your victory in Calgary-Elbow. I also congratulate the Hon. Stephen Mandel, A. Arts, B. Sci., M. Poli., Sci., MLA-Elect, Minister of Health, Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud, the Hon. Jim. Prentice, QC, MLA-Elect, Premier, Progressive Conservative, Calgary-Foothills, & Mike Ellis, MLA-Elect, Progressive Conservative, Calgary-West.

As a person with over XCV% (95%) in all of my social studies & history courses, I am a true student of politics. Whether I agree with the decision of voters, I must believe in the old axiom of the Right Honourable Sir Winston S. Churchill, PC, Conservative when it comes to elections. Upon his defeat by Labour in MCMXLV (1945), Churchill wasn't bitter, he just said: "trust the people." So, we must do that here.

The Legislature Session Begins November XVIIth,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: