Monday, October 20, 2014

The Parliamentarians-Emmanuel Dubourg, MP

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

October XXth, MMXIV

Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed., Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Calgary-Elbow Byelection Candidate As Unelected

Dear Gordon:

Ever the linguist & proud Haitian immigrant to Canada, Emmanuel Dubourg, MP discusses learning his native tongue of Creole & encourages folks to teach it & be bilingual &/or multilingual. I agree with Emmanuel, having a grasp of more than one language certainly is an educational advantage & is only a good thing for the Canadian economy.
"To conclude, I would like to salute all those who speak Creole, the language taught to me by my parents, that I have taught it to my children and that I am proud to speak it here."

Number XCVII (97),

Rory

Source: Emmanuel Dubourg, MP, Liberal, Bourassa.

No comments: