Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Candidate

Rory Joe Koopmans, B. Admin., Independent Candidate, Edmonton-Centre

April IXth, MMXV

Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed., Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative Candidate, Calgary-Elbow

Dear Gordon:

For my first policy if elected as the next MLA for Edmonton-Centre, I would place $1,000.00 a month from my MLA salary into a contingency fund towards ensuring administrative costs for implementing Gay/Straight Alliances (GSAs) in schools were lessened for these facilities.

I would have the funds automatically deducted from my cheque each month and given back to the Ministry of Finance & the Provincial Treasury before I was even paid & as such, would receive no charitable tax receipt or derive any benefit whatsoever from them. In this way, I as the Edmonton-Centre MLA would be sure to avoid a repeat of the Filipino Wonder Child, ex-MLA Carl Benito & his phony scholarship situation.

These LGBTQ community students and their families must be made to feel safe immediately and I would invite any other successful MLA-Elects to join me in this endeavour so that the pot of money for these fine kids can grow quickly and build up a nice bundle of interest.

Thank You Very Much Indeed,

Rory

Source: Rory Joe Koopmans, B. Admin., Independent Candidate, Edmonton-Centre.

No comments: