Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8
November XXVIIth, MMXVI
Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder
One of the memory/matching games my late mother Mrs. June C. Koopmans, B. Ed. taught me was to match letters of familiar names & words. One of the best examples of this is to take the actors names from the great television series M*A*S*H which ran from MCMLXXI-MCMLXXXIII (1972-83) on the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) Television Network.
Captain Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce: Alan Alda.
- There are 4 A's & 2 L's in Alda's name that match.
Captain "Trapper" John McIntyre: Wayne Rogers.
- There are 2 E's & 2 R's in Roger's name that match.
Captain B. J. Hunnicut: Mike Farrell.
- There are 2 E's, 2 R's, & 2 L's in Farrell's name that match.
Lieutenant Colonel Henry Blake: McLean Stevenson.
- There are 3 N's, 2 S's, & 3 E's in Stevenson's name that match.
Colonel Sherman T. Potter: Harry Morgan.
- There are 3 R's & 2 A's in Morgan's name that match.
Corporal Walter "Radar" O'Reilly: Gary Burghoff.
- There are 2 G's, 2 F's, & 2 R's in Burghoff's name that match.
Major Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan: Loretta Swit.
- There are 3 T's in Swit's name that match.
Major Frank Burns: Larry Linville.
- There are 4 L's, 2 I's, & 2 R's in Linville's name that match.
Major Charles Emerson Winchester The IIIrd: David Ogden Stiers.
- There are 3 D's, 2 I's, 2 E's, & 2 S's in Stiers name that match.
Sergeant Maxwell Q. Klinger, Jamie Farr.
- There are 2 A's & 2 R's in Farr's name that match.
Captain Father Francis John Patrick Mulcahy, William Christopher.
- There are 3 I's, 2 R's, & 2 L's in Christopher's name that match.
Just take any set of names, as I have a horrible memory recall & need constant repetition being able to see matching letters is quite valuable, so thanks mom.
"Frank Burns Eats Worms",
Source: "M*A*S*H" (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital), C. XXth Century Fox Television Studios.