Friday, October 23, 2015

"A House Divided Against Itself Cannot Stand!"-Ms. DeGette

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

October XXIIIrd, MMXV

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

Executive Dissertations sincerely apologizes to Congresswoman Diana DeGette of Colorado as my computer somehow crashed & didn't put out my entry on her before when I first typed it. So I call upon Diana to give us some words of wisdom on the matter of stopping Coloradans & young Americans from taking up smoking. Alas she frames it in the format of not just being a Congresswoman, but as a mother. I bring it up b/c anti-tobacco flavoured format was & is a hallmark legislative plank of the Hon. Sarah Hoffman, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Health, New Democratic, Edmonton-Glenora.

"More Americans will die this year from smoking related illnesses than lost their lives defending our freedom in World War II. As a mother, I see it as my duty to help protect the health of our young people. If we can save the lives of over 200,000 people by raising the minimum age to buy tobacco products; that is not only smart policy, it is our moral obligation."

Tachikawa, Tokyo, Japan, Asia,

Rory

Source: Congressional Representative Diana DeGette, Democratic-Colorado, The Ist District.

No comments: